What will I be doing?
This course has four main areas of focus:
- Recording: extending your photography skills
- Contextual Research: extending your knowledge of photographers and creating reference pages
- Experimenting: with a range of techniques
- Developing your ideas: creating a range of conclusions
Personal Investigation (60% of the total A level)
Learners should produce two elements:
- A portfolio of practical work showing their personal response to either a starting point, brief, scenario or stimulus, devised and provided by the learner or centre.
- A related study: an extended response of a guided minimum of 1000 words.
Externally set task (40% of the total A level)
The early release paper will be issued on 1st February and will provided learners with a number of themes, each with a range of written and visual starting points, briefs and stimuli. A response should be based on one of these options. 15 hour controlled-time (exam).
B Grade in GCSE Photography. C/4 grade applicants will be considered on an individual basis. Grade C/4 in English is also recommended.
Students can progress to BTEC qualifications or further studies at degree level.