What is the college’s policy on administering medication?
- Medication is all signed for by the student and by the member of staff who gives it to the student. This is then countersigned by another staff member who witnessed this.
- Administering of medication policy found within the first aid policy. This can be requested.
What would the college do in case of a medical emergency?
- The college has 7 qualified first aiders
- The college will contact 999 and inform parents
How do you ensure that all staff are trained/qualified to deal with a child’s particular needs?
- All staff are trained to at least a level one in Safeguarding/child protection
- Dedicated member of the Senior Leadership team who is qualified in Safeguarding/child protection
- First aid policy
- Asthma policy
Which health and therapy services can children access on the academy premises?
- External agencies via MACS place
- Academy nurse ‘drop in’ sessions
- Educational psychologist
- Hearing/Sight specialists